Please note: this is the article for the organizational Branding Canvas. If you are looking for the Personal edition please check here.
At last, here it is:
after more than a year of fine tuning and testing, we’ve published a completely new format of the Branding Canvas: the practical one-page method to help you develop the brand strategy of your organization, team or company.
To keep things simple, we have decided to incorporate the BrandingCanvas.com website into the website of its producer: BigName.pro.
From now on, the Branding Canvas can only be downloaded only from the BigName website and only in English.
While the Canvas is new, it is also very “well-oiled”: we are pleased to be able to say that we’ve already used it it in many of our projects…
As a result of all the useful feedback we’ve received, we’ve innovated the previous format in three respects:
- Graphics: now with a more modern linear style, and completely new icons.
- Structure: using a user-centric design approach, we’ve reorganized the various blocks. We’ve added a few things and we’ve also simplified the graphics with a view to clarify their purpose. The new graphics now make it even easier for you to develop more efficient evaluation strategies, even when you are working on the Canvas alone.
- Texts: we’ve removed almost all the (remaining) technical jargon to make the canvas easy to understand for everyone. We’ve also simplified the wording of the key questions and their underlying categories.
If you compare the latest version to the former 9 block format (which, if you’re feeling nostalgic, you can still download together with the new one) you’ll notice we’ve added a Capabilities block as well as two secondary mini-blocks: the Arena (the area in which brands want to compete and gain visibility), and Competitors, to help stimulate useful thought on differentiation and competitive Positioning aspects.
Why a new format for the Canvas?
Recently, in honour of the creators of Business Model You, Alex Osterwalder and Tim Clark, we based the previous format on the Business Model Canvas.
By the way both Tim and Alex suggested to adopt a new graphic format for our Personal Branding Canvas.
They are the ones who have prompted us to innovate once again.
Why download the Canvas?
- it’s structure is much more intuitive
- clearer questions framed to
- encourage you to act without delay
- no more technical jargon (or rather, there’s some but we’ve cut it to a minimum)
- lots more space for notes on
- Investments for your work plan
- the Results block has been radically transformed to spark you into action.